If the thought of how you are going to sell your eBook is what has occupied your mind, then let me congratulate you because you have come to the right place, after reading this post you will be equipped with the information you need to start selling your eBooks and making money online — all you need to get started is a computer or mobile phone, Wi-Fi connection, and some smile on your face.
From humble beginnings, eBooks now sell in the millions each year, with a global market worth $18.13 billion as of 2020. And there is plenty of room for a one-person eBook entrepreneur to get a piece of that market.
eBooks are dominating the digital ecommerce space. The reason is that they are simple to produce and even easier to distribute. You can self-publish easily these days (thanks to Kindle, Kobo, and other devices) and stats show that self-published books dominate in sci-fi, romance and mystery than traditionally published authors. The best types of eBooks to sell and make profit now include:
Crafts: People are looking for ways to learn new skills with an inexpensive route. Craft eBooks are often bestsellers as a result. You can write on that skill you know, be it knit, crochet, or other kinds of craft.
Fitness: Whether the book is about dieting, exercising, meditation, or a mix of any two or all three, fitness eBooks are one of the best to sell now.
CookBooks: There is a wave that keeps flowing of living healthy, people are now more than ever motivated to learn new homemade recipes. Whether it’s a vegan cookbook or healthy alternatives to butter, get it out there.
DIYs: These are bestsellers. DIY guide on making your own cleaning agents, or decorating your house. There are different things to write about.
Money: How to save on car purchase, how to make $10,000 in a week from your home. Money is a hot topic.
Fiction: Fiction still sells like crazy. The genres that sell more are romance, sci-fi and teen fiction.
Pro Tip — look at Amazon top-selling book categories and see if they match your niche interest. If some of the best selling books are in your niche that means people will pay for the information you have to offer.
Also doing some keyword research will help you find a saleable topic. You can create professional e-books with a tool like Canva.
Why You Should Sell EBooks
There are big advantages to selling eBooks over physical ones. Here’s a quick list of 5 reasons why you should be selling products online.
1) The Overhead is Lower. An online store doesn’t have physical storage, packing and shipping to pay for.
2) EBooks Create an Extra Revenue Stream for your Business. You can reach a global audience through your computer.
3) They Don’t Wear Out. Generally, eBooks don’t deteriorate or break down over time. Even if they become irrelevant as the technology changes, they can be updated.
4) You’ll Get A Passive Income When You Sell Online. This eBooks will continue to make sales even when you’re not online. You don’t need to keep putting in effort to make money.
5) Inventory Never Runs Out. Sell as many eBooks as you want. There is no limit to how many times these products can be duplicated.
However, trying to sell online without a strategy is like fetching water in a basket you can’t get results.
Creating good eBooks can take a lot of time and effort — in other words, it would be really sad if you spent weeks or months creating the ‘perfect’ eBook only for it not to sell, right?
So Let’s get to the point how can you start selling your eBook right now!
What is the best place to sell ebooks?
1) Set up your own website: If you have experience in website design you can buy domain and hosting and design a website, third party builder like WordPress, wix e.t.c. have made it much easier to design a website your self, or you can give the job to a developer to help you with it. Once your website is setup you can start selling your eBooks directly online. You might make a PDF available to your readers. A simple shopping cart or PayPal link and you’re all set.
A reader visits your site, they order, and they get a download link and get your book. It’s pretty much all automated, and you simply keep an eye on things to make sure the site is running smoothly.
The benefit of this is you control the entire process, get all of the customer information (so you can promote additional products, services, or books), and you can charge higher prices.
But a downturn to this is you have to do all the management your self tracking sales, managing details of buyers, manually sending the book to their mails and most stressful of all, advertising and marketing of the books to ensure a consistent in flow of readers who are ready to buy your books.
2) Sell Through E-commerce platform: Yes, you can sell ebooks on e-commerce platforms or market place as long as you legally own the rights to the eBook you’re selling.
You can sell your eBooks via your own store built with a platform like Shopify. as well as third-party marketplaces like Amazon, Amazon is a very popular place to sell eBooks, as well as places like Google Play, and Gumroad, You can leverage automation to deliver the eBook to customers, but one thing to note is that you still have to run ads to your eBook on these platforms to increase the buzz around your eBook,
You can also promote and sell it on social media.
3) Sell Through Affiliate network / Market: Affiliate networks are businesses that connect Creators like you and affiliate marketers so both can earn more money.
Affiliate marketers use affiliate networks to make better product selections to promote on their site.
Some of the affiliate networks out there where you can sell your eBooks are, Digistore24, Clickbank, Amazon but for some of these affiliate networks they are restricted in some countries but Affiliativity is very much available. Affiliativity is one of the best affiliate networks that sees to the security and protect the interest of creators it takes less than two minutes to register and add your ebook to the platform.
Once your eBook is added to the platform Affiliate Marketers see to it that you make sales, when you sell though affiliate networks you don’t worry about marketing or advertising, affiliate marketers do this for you as long as you have a good product, hundreds of affiliate marketers will work hard to promote your eBook for you for a commission, sales is tracked for each product, you can analyze sales record at any time to make informed decisions. and before you know it you are already making six figures. To join Affiliativity and start selling your eBook today click here to register and start uploading your ebooks as you grow your business and continue your journey as a creator.
Author: Moses Adewale Gbadamosi